Friday, May 15, 2009

For you Pa...

Today, May 15th, 63 years ago you came into this world. I am so lucky that you are my father. You have always been so patient and accepting of me and everything that I do, and consequently, you have enabled me to appreciate life to it's fullest. My curiosity as a child, and constant questioning of everything was approached with your extreme patience and matter-of-fact explanations. It is the source of my scientific interpretation of the world around me. I will always remember going skiing with you every chance we had and all the wonderful road trips that Ivan and I went on with you. I thank you for taking me traveling (and I also thank my mom) and your emphasizing the importance of expanding my knowledge and appreciation for history, as well as my love for the world's natural beauty. I am grateful for this year; because of Ivan and Christina, you will experience what it will be like to be a grandfather for the first time. Justin and I love you so much.

Happy Birthday Badad!



I am also grateful for everything that Karina mentions above. The profoundly positive impact you have had on her life blesses mine. Your example of fatherhood is inspiring to me, as is the example my father has set for me as well, and in this month of our father's birthdays, I'm reminded of how much of our happiness and being that we owe to you (your b-day wishes are otw Pop). I've loved camping with you and enjoy the hospitality (and sushi) seemingly always present in you and your home. Thank you for accepting me as a "son."

Happy Birthday!


K & J <3

1 comment:

Bill Lee Goat said...

Such a change between the extremes of former DD and in D (not written for the nature of the public posting) and present EEE = Enthusiastic, Educated, and Eager for life. Commendable how you challenge yourselves in school and at play. You both work hard (granite) and play hard (ice skating) pursuing your own dreams and whims. No need to chase Friday pay-stubs from someone else. (Karina don't you miss the commutes? Also isn't it euphoric to FIRE your DAD eh?) The events of the last 4 years were a spectrum from dismal and dark, to bright, lighter colors in your lives. Your harvest from the rain will be a rainbow ... and sunshine. You've earned it. Thanks for the praise. Oh, if only I could be "old" like you say ... and in my twenties again!!
Love Ya, Badad & Vobekka