Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We made it

We made it to Merida last night. Unfortunately, we don´t have internet working at our apartment, because my laptop sucks. Some kind of DNS and proxy problem I can´t figure out. I don´t know how often we´ll be able to post stuff... if at all. Anyway, it´s hot here, like in the high 80´s low 90´s, but extremely humid. After getting out of the shower, it feels like my hair never completely dries over the entire course of the day. We love you all. Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Oh... I almost forgot, you guys are probably still worried about the swine flu... It´s starting to look like it´s completely political propaganda. It´s as apparent here as the chupa cabra. We did pass a toll/customs post on the way here where military guys (armed with fully automatic weapons) took our temperature with a handheld laser thingy though. I´m guessing they were checking to see if we had the ¨American¨ flu. Other than that, the people here seem more healthy than in the U.S. (with the exception of dental hygiene). Well I´m off to the market to get some food, adios!

K

No comments: